VMware Horizon Community
Rijin1992
Contributor
Contributor

after VMware optimization on golden image lost windows apps.

Hello All,

after we run VMware optimization on windows golden template(win10) we lost all the windows apps like calculator, sticky notes, photos etc.

we needed these softwares back how can we enable it? get-appxpackage is not helpful as we are not able to find the required application packages in c:\program files\windowsapps folder.

any other way to enable windows inbuilt applications  calculator, photos,sticky notes etc?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

It is very hard to get them back and not worth it just start the image from the beginning. When you redo the optimization click on common options and either select to keep them all or just the ones you want

pastedImage_0.png

Rijin1992
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response Sjesse,

But here i may not be able to proceed with creating new image as we have deployed nearly 100 machine with this as a direct client for users simier to VDI.

if i am recreating its like i have to build 100 machine and most of them are already in use.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

The official way is to try and use the windows store but in my experience the notepad windows app and the calculator windows app both won't install, its possible to find the correct appx files but it cumbersome and is error prone. I suggest opening a case with Microsoft on the best option to reinstall them, I have seen no official way to do it.