VMware Horizon Community
Yikes1232011101
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Zero clients not installing usb device driver

I am trying to plug a usb speaker into our Viewsonic zero client, with Win7 installed.  It gets power, but it does not do the 'installing device driver' thing at the bottom right.  The vm is part of a linked clone pool with View 6.2.1.  What permissions am I missing?  It is the same whether it's a user or admin who logs in.

I have global view policy of USB access Allow in View Manager

Is this a Windows permission?  Or a view client permission? Any help would be appreciated.  It is not just for the speakers, it will not see any USB sticks as well.

thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

With Zero Clients, the issue is usually in the Zero client configuration. I would do two steps.

1. Connect from a non-zero client using the Horizon View client with the USB speakers plugged in. For instance a laptop or desktop and verify USB functionality is working.
  2. Double check the zero client configuration on the device itself. Often times random features are not enabled by default, for instance USB.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
chulerico
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

not sure if you got your answer, but this somethings needs to be done with certain devices, bridged the device using its VID and PID in the zero client configuration, you can do it per device or group, get the vid and pid under from info -> attached devices

Sam

bridge device.JPG

0 Kudos