VMware Horizon Community
jdre2134
Contributor
Contributor

Zero Client Disconnects

I seem to be having some issues with my Samsung NC240 zero clients.  When a user connects to their desktop, they are able to work for about 5-10 minutes.  Their desktop then freezes for a few seconds and it disconnects them.  After that,  when they try to connect they get the following error message "View Connection Server communication error."  I found that the only way to be able to connect again is to power the zero client off and turn it back on again.  Then the whole process repeats.  Has anyone experienced this issue before and can clue me into what is causing it?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Can I get some more information from you?

PCoIP Firmware Version?

OS?

View Version?

View Agent Version?

I ran into a problem recently that a user would get "The display protocol for this desktop is currently not available".  Turned out that IE was using up all of the system resources and caused the View Agent to stop working.  I upgraded the Windows 7 x64 Desktops from 2GB of RAM to 3GB and have not seen the problem since.

I also just scheduled my Samsung Zero clients to upgrade to firmware version 4.0.2 this evening.  We are using View 5.0, and plan to upgrade to 5.1 soon.

0 Kudos
jdre2134
Contributor
Contributor

We were on 3.4, but I upgraded them to 4.02 and still had the same issue.

Windows 7 32bit

View 5.1

Agent version 5.1

I haven't seen any over usage of resources quite yet, it seems to be working fine on our software view clients that are running on windows 7 embedded pc's.  It seems to be only a issue with the zero clients currently.

0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Interesting....are on you hardware version 8 too?

0 Kudos
jdre2134
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, we are actually on 7.  We had some issues with version 8 when we first implemented and decided to stay on 7.

0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Read through some posts on here, I've heard more issues with not going to version 8.  You need to make sure to upgrade VM Tools first before the hardware version.

jdre2134
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I am going to check that out.

0 Kudos
jdre2134
Contributor
Contributor

I still have the same issue on HW v8

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Any hints from the logfiles on the Zero Client or in the View Agent logs?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
jdre2134
Contributor
Contributor

I looked at the zero client logs and I am having issues deciphering them.  I have attached excerpts from both logs.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Could you post the debug log from the agent?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
jdre2134
Contributor
Contributor

Here is part of the debug log from the same time period.

Thanks!

0 Kudos