VMware Horizon Community
alecprior
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wyse V10L alternatives

We're currently running a trial on VDM, using some Wyse V10L terminals. We've run into a couple of issues, and as such i'm actively looking for alternatives to the V10L.

I've had a look on the VDM 2.1 "approved terminal" list, and there's nothing that's really viable on there. So i was wondering if anyone is running a similar spec terminal (dual screen, with VDM broker capability) from another manufacturer.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a vendor trying to sell me an HP/Neowae solution. I don't remember the model numbers or anything but try taking a look there. I didn't like them for our setup but they might be what your looking for. I am using the Wyse 10L and Wyse 10S. Good Luck and I am curious to see what you find.

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

In regards to HP solutions, you might want to try RGS (Remote Graphics Software), it's suppose to work with VDM and also HP's own connection broker. This solution allows for real time audio/video streaming that surpasses traditional RDP. They have both a software thin-client solution or hardware base thing-client solution, and it works beautifully with dual screen capability.

0 Kudos
dingding
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

there's a compatibility guide: http://www.vmware.com/pdf/VDM_ThinClient_guide.pdf

i recently tested wyse V90L, it works fine with VMware VDM but i didn't test dual monitor.

---- Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
0 Kudos
MartijnLo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

RGS is no longer supported in VDI environments by HP. It's now only focused at the professional graphics industry for running a very heavy graphics workstation on say a blade in a datacenter and then remotely working on that blade.

0 Kudos
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did end up finding the model that a vendor was telling me worked and it was HP T5735. Good Luck on finding an alternative.

alecprior
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. Have had a look at HP's Neoware line and the E140 look like just the job. The ongoing saga of trying to get any support at all from Wyse continues, so i'll try and get some HP units on trial.

0 Kudos
tlduong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you point your browser to:

http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=GN038AAT

and scroll down to Sender Systems, you will see:

HP Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solutions with VMware ESX 3.0.1, 3.0.2 Update 1, 3.5, 3.5 Update 1 and Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional edition environments

We have been testing RGS V5 in our VDI dev environment (not 5.1.5 yet) and it's been working beautifully.

0 Kudos
knudt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

tlduong-

What are you using for your connection broker, if any?

~If you find this or any other post helpful, please award points. Also mark thread as answered if question was answered successfully.~ Brian Knudtson vExpert, VCP, VCAP
0 Kudos
tlduong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm using HP's Session Allocation Manager.

0 Kudos
dcampbell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Take a look at Pano Logic

0 Kudos
tlduong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We did (another department is actually using those units), however, it's just using rdp so it doesn't meet our multimedia requirements.

0 Kudos