VMware Horizon Community
markvr80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wyse Thin Clients and Domain List

I am trialing using Wyse thin clients with VDM as a broker and XP VMs as the desktops.

The problem is when the Wyse terminal boots, it show the logon screen with a username, password and domain box.

We have multiple domains, but I want to be able to only show one. This should be configurable in the wnos.ini file, but to quote from VMWare: "Parameters such as DOMAINLIST are provided by the broker and ignored if specified in the INI file. (http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1004491)

Is there anyway to configure this list? It wouldn't be so bad if it saved the last used domain like Windows does, but it doesn't, so you have to change the domain manually each time.

I can see many phone calls from our users claiming they can't logon when they forget to change the domain each time!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

in the .ini file could you just put a line the says Domain=Domain Name (See Page 26)? This, I would think would force the thin client to default to one domain.

0 Kudos
markvr80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please see the 2nd paragraph in my opening post.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Did you find any useful inforamtion in the .pdf I posted? I'm just trying to throw out some ideas. It may be that you need to get WYSE support or VMware support on the phone and show them your configuration. I may be missing something.

0 Kudos
BearHuntr
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using the Wyse V10L thin clients and VDM 2.1 and I entered the DomainList=XXX line in the wnos.ini file and it works perfectly. It only shows that domain instead of the entire list.

0 Kudos
markvr80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's odd. I tried that anyway despite VMWares docs that are linked in my first post, and it made no difference.

Still gives me the usual list of multiple domains.

We're using VDM 2.1.0

edit: we're both talking about the file at c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VDM\Server\broker\webapps\ROOT\wyse\wnos.ini ?

0 Kudos
ADHDave
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know of a way to have the connection broker populate the domain list, but that may just be my inexperience with their product. Are you using dhcp option 161 to tell your thin client where to look for the wnos.ini file? I moved our config file to the location you listed, and using dhcp to tell the V10L where to look it populated the domain list with only what we specified

0 Kudos