VMware Horizon Community
Bitoma
Contributor
Contributor

Wyse P20 and Mousetrapper

Hello!
I have a problem with Wyse P20 and USB HID MouseTrapper (www.mousetrapper.com). Keys and mouse movements working against Wyse P20 and zero client firmware, but not when attached to a virtual desktop (WinXP only tested, not tested against Win7). Only the buttons (right and left mouse button) works,but no mouse movement works. Does anyone know anything about it?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
jaksun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI!

Yes I have the exact same problem and i can report that it does not work in Win7 either, tho i'm having high hopes that the release of View 4.6 will fix this issue, the release is due tomorrow the 24th of february!

//Jakob, Sweden.

0 Kudos
ZeRoC00L
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you already tried the latested firmware from terradici ?

It is available since begin februrary, it will provide some more power to the usb ports.

(since I have installed this firmware, iphones are charging ! )

0 Kudos
Bitoma
Contributor
Contributor

After some more tests, I found that there are problems with other thin clients as well. IGEL, HP, is the same problem.

I have also now tested against Win7 desktop, I got it to work by just connecting. So the problem seems to only be on WinXP.

The problem in WinXP is the mousemovments exist as a invisible pointer, the visible pointer remains visible in the middle of the screen.

Wyse P20, I have tested with the new firmware from Teradici with no difference.

I have contacted the manufacturer and they are not aware of the problem but believes that the simpler version called "Office" could work better. The difference is that the "Office" version will be presented to the OS as a mouse, while the "Advanced" presents itself as both mouse and keyboard.

Will test with "Office" version, and if that does not work I will also try using View 4.6

Will be back with results.

0 Kudos
bjohov
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm having the same issues with the MouseTrapper Advanced. I've just got my hands on a Mousetrapper Office and it seems to work just fine. It would be great if some of you also could do this test and confirm that your issues are resolved by this switch of device.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I am looking into this and am trying to understand what works and produce a workaround.

Could you help me with posting the following:

ThinClient

ThinClient OS and firmware

Display Protocol

GuestOS

View Version

Problem description

Mousetrapper version

VMware SR (If any)

Thanks in advance

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I am looking into this and am trying to understand what works and produce a workaround.

Could you help me with posting the following:

ThinClient

ThinClient OS and firmware

Display Protocol

GuestOS

View Version

Problem description

Mousetrapper version

VMware SR (If any)

Thanks in advance

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
bjohov
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Joel,

I’ve done tests on two different thinclients. One Samsung with Teradichi Ver 3.3.0 build v321 and one DevonIT Tc5c with DeTOS 7.0.3.1 (11.04.25). Tested with both RDP and PCoIP with the same results.

Guest OS is WinXP With SP3

Tested on View 4.5 both sides (and 4.6 on client).

Problem description is that I’m “flying blind” with the mousetrapper. The cursor doesn’t move (I can’t see it move), but the system registers movement. Right and left click works. I found that if I enable pointer trails I can see the movement. This is a possibility, but not a good solution.

I’ve tested with three different versions and the results are as follows:

Old Mosetrapper Office is working.

New Mousetrapper Office not working

Mousetrapper Advanced not working.

We will upgradet to View 4.6 soon, and I’ll update you on the changes (if any).

//Bjørnar

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Thanks Bjornar! Much appriciated!

We will meet with the MouseTrapper developers within the next few weeks and try to sort this out.

If you do any more tests please post the results here.

// Linjo

0 Kudos
jaksun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI!

As i wrote earlier in this thread, i've had the same problem while running View 4.5 and teradici fw <3.3.0.

As far as i can see tho this resolved itself when i upgraded my platform to 4.6 and upgraded all my zero clients to firmware >3.3.0, it's veryfied with mousetrapper advance and office.

//Jakob

0 Kudos
bjohov
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I’ll verify this here when the upgrade is done. Hopefully within this week.

0 Kudos
bjohov
Contributor
Contributor

Finally the upgrade is done. But I’m sad to say that the mouse issue is not resolved. The workaround with pointer trails is still needed. Hopefully someone will solve this problem soon.

0 Kudos
plizken
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there any progress on this issue.

i having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Saibot
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same issue with View 5.0 , windows 7 desktops and dell FX100 zero clients . But a workaround is to enable mouse trails in the control panel(and setting the trail length to short to make it less anoying) . the mouse pointer movements is a big jerky but it works.

/Tobias

0 Kudos
HansHedlund
Contributor
Contributor

Old thread, but did someone manage to find a solution to the MouseTrapper problem with View? Other than adding jerky pointer trails...

0 Kudos
bjohov
Contributor
Contributor

Jeg har for tiden ferie. Er tilbake på kontoret 26.08.2013.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected by legal rules. If the message is recieved by anyone other than named recipient(s), please delete it and any attachments from your computer. Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, no resposibility is accepted in this regard and the recipient should scan and carry out such other checks as it considers appropriate. Please also be aware that Wurth Norge AS cannot accept legally binding correspondence with customers as a part of an email. HAGAN 08/16/13

0 Kudos