VMware Horizon Community
nnmansoori
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wyse MMR & View agent

hi

I am using vsphere 4.1, vCenter 4.1, and also view connection server, view agent and view client 4.0.1, for my Thin Clients I am using Wyse C10LE and Wyse C90LE with Wyse TCX Suit 4.0, my virtual desktops are Win XP SP3, when I try to install Wyse TCX Server 32-bit on my vDesktop, I recieve this message:

multimedia cannot be

installed because the setup has detected vmware view agent installed on yout

computer.

Does anyone have such an exprience, is there any workaround for that?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Andr3y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View Agent already has TCX MMR 3.x built in so you can’t install 4.x. So the answer is to install all components apart from MMR, contact your Wyse reseller and ask for a MMR 3.x key explaining the circumstances, then you will get all components working.

Cheers,

Andr3y

0 Kudos
nnmansoori
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

is there any way to uninstall the MMR 3.x and install MMR 4.0?

0 Kudos
regnak
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I'm not sure if the View Agent allows you to modify the components if you choose to remove it via add/remove programs, but the idea is to remove the MMR option or to remove the view agent completely, then do a fresh install without the MMR option as previously stated and then install TCX 4.0 on top of it.

Mike

0 Kudos
Andr3y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think you can't legally modify View agent (you simply won't be supported after this...) and trick with installing MMR before View agent no longer works past View agent 3.1.1, View.3.1.2, 4.x agents override any previous MMR installs.

as I understand main reason beucase software win32 View client also uses MMR, and if you do above in theory it can break it. Also MMR is backwards compatible so there is not much reason to do so, better stick with supported options.

hope this helps,

Cheers,

Andr3y

0 Kudos
nnmansoori
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

you are right, but by using Wyse C10LE, and View agent 4.0.1 and WinXP SP2, the screen has a bad quality, the pages open in way like the VGA is not installed, that's why I was thinking of using Wyse MMR instead of VMware, just like USB redirection in VMware, as I said before, I redirected my USB headset sound card through VMware USB redirection and I used the bi-directional sound with that for my softphone, but the sound quality is awful, there are disconnection every 1 second, as you told me, I tested with a PC my softphone, the quality is perfect with the same OS and the same USB headset, and this softphone is being used for more than 2 years in our call center, we are going to migrate from PC to VDI in our call center for arounf 1000 call center agents, we are in PoC phase, but these things are bothering, and we are afraid of using that in production.

0 Kudos
Andr3y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

not sure what exactly you mean by bad quality, but MMR does multimedia and image redirection. There should be no need for MMR to do office apps and basic things, it should be crisp in theory.

Try to get in touch with your local Wyse/VMware SE's they might help you out as the issues you experience are odd...

p.s. personally I prefer to test all options in a separate lab environemnt before trying to test with existing live environment to see how it can work and then try to make same work live...

hope this helps,

Cheers,

Andr3y

0 Kudos
casperinmd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Similar issue. MMR either sucks or is not working with the View Agent. I called WYSE to troubleshoot it, the 2nd lvl support told me to reinstall the View agent without the MMR piece and then install my TCX 4.0 on top with the MMR piece.

So not sure if VMware support will complain, but this is what WYSE support is telling me.

0 Kudos
nnmansoori
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I tried to install view agent without MMR, but in time of installing view agent there is no where to ask about it, but while installing VMware tools, you can find MMR option, can you tell me where I can find that option, so I can disable it?

0 Kudos
casperinmd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Actually you will have to remove the View Agent, then install the TCX suite in full, then install the View agent. The Agent does not let you remove components, and this was WYSE's solution to me.

HTH

0 Kudos