VMware Horizon Community
AlbertFish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wyse Device Manager over WAN

I am looking at a few options for a VDI solution that will have users at home use a SSL VPN to connect into the corporate network. I was told that the Wyse Device Manager was slow and unreliable over a wan link, but I have found nothing to substantiate it. Has anyone here used the product? Any feedback?

For a dual monitor implementation, aside from neoware and Sun Ray are there any other enterprise options?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We've been using WDM, but not yet over a WAN connection. I've heard the same thing, but haven't found any information to back it up either. However, we are just sending out some of the clients to a few of our remote offices to begin some testing. Once is done though, I'm planning to test out WDM functions to those devices. I'll let you know if I find anything.

As for dual monitor, the only ones I'm aware of are Wyse, Neoware, Sun Ray, and Chip PC.

Thanks

Steve

AlbertFish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Neoware says that with their "auto-discover" device manager updates over the wire are simple. It is a client on the device that connects back to the update server.

0 Kudos
mreferre
Champion
Champion

Have you ever heard a vendor saying that using their technology is complex and doesn't always work ? Smiley Happy

I am pretty sure that Wyse says that their Wyse Device Manager is "intuitive" .......... sure .....

Massimo.

Massimo Re Ferre' VMware vCloud Architect twitter.com/mreferre www.it20.info
0 Kudos
lacrymaldi
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I am stoopid.

0 Kudos
AlbertFish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

LOL.

My point was just that the methodology is different. I know for one that it is a sin to quote sales people on anything :smileygrin:

0 Kudos