VMware Horizon Community
jkoodari
Contributor
Contributor

Wish list for 2012

1) Self service rollback online desktop

2) Local drives/printers mapping when using PCoIP
3) Two pass filtering of available desktops: machine group (Kiosk mode) and user group

4) HTML5 client
5) Faster provisioning
6) Support for Linux guests

7) Software/personalization layers

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulWoodhouse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

😎 RADIUS Support

0 Kudos
sketchy00
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'll play.

All of what you said, and...

1.  Agents for Linux to be served up as View Desktop

2.  Clients for major distros of Linux (Redhat and clones, and Debian based like Ubuntu).

3.  A re-worked Connection Manager Server so that you don't have to serve up two internal Connection Servers (one for unencrypted traffic, and the other to communicate with the Security Server).  This is total overkill in smaller environments.  There has to be a better way.

4.  A Connection Manager as an appliance.

5.  A way to effectively view if the GPO settings for PCoIP are being applied to the workstation.

6.  Something similar to the PCoIP Log Viewer at http://mindfluxinc.net/?p=195.  We have a Hardware Based PCoIP workstation brokered by View, and it has a nice little applet showing performance characteristics of PCoIP.  Very helpful.  Needs to extend to software based PCoIP.

7.  Some sort of Unity mode with HTML5.  Okay, so that pretty much describes 'AppBlast' based on videos, but this is a game changer.

8.  For the View Client for iPad, borrow heavily on the UI used by the Wyse PocketCloud for the iPad.  Its a better product (but ironically, doesn't support PCoIP)

9.  Support of Virtual Hardware 8 for Local Mode View Desktops

10.  Socket validator to verify all correct ports are open and accessible.  Based on the number of forum posts about troubles with connectivity, this could be a huge help for many deployments.

11.  Checker to verify if software based 3D acceleration is enabled and operational on View Client.  Alert when not.

12.  The ability to modify existing pools more.  Seems like some actions simply require recreating a pool.

0 Kudos
jkoodari
Contributor
Contributor

One more thing: iPhone client

0 Kudos
gunnarb
Expert
Expert

5) You can just check the Pcoip_server logs in there it says if the settings are overridden by GPO

6) Chuck's Log Viewer IS the solution, can you clarify what more you want?

11) Such a good idea I can't believe it hasn't been made by someone in the community yet.

?) Why not the ability to shadow a PCoIP session without 3rd party tools.

Gunnar Berger http://www.gunnarberger.com http://www.endusercomputing.com
0 Kudos
sketchy00
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

5.  Good point.  This suggestion was really more about convenience and clarity of system changes and tuning.  I found it a little difficult to do from the client, knowing for sure that the settings were what I set them to be.  GPO precedence can trick even the sharp observer.

6.  The log viewer is fantastic, but it just came out, and I'm sure many don't know about it (I felt lucky to stumble upon it).  Bundle that baby into the product, and it would be well received.

11.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
jkoodari
Contributor
Contributor

plus:

13) International keyboard support for iPad
14) More Powercli cmdlets
15) Scheduled tasks

0 Kudos
psplnalin123
Enthusiast