VMware Horizon Community
davesherman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows hotkey issues...

Hi VDI experts,

We are using Citrix Desktop broker to provide access to Windows XP desktops on ESX server. We have a consistent problem where users will start a brokered session to a XP virtual machine (private and pooled) and have an issue as if the "Windows key" was stuck - i.e. if they type "l" it locks the desktop, if they type "u" it opens utility manager, if they type "r" it brings up the run menu, etc. We have applied registry setting to disable win keys, disable the scancode for the Windows key etc, but with no luck. Has anyone else seen this issue, or have any advice on a possible solution?

Thanks,

-Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tbrouwer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Wow, if you google this problem it looks like you aren't the only one with the problem. Couldn't find a definit fix for it in the few minutes I researched. Seems to be with RDP 6.0?

admin
Immortal
Immortal

Its a known issue with the RDP 6 client and a fix will be released at some point. It also rears its head when using the windows+L key to lock the screen.

I kept wondering why I never saw this, then I realized I am always using a Unix style keyboard or a MAC keyboard 😐

davesherman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Its a known issue with the RDP 6 client and a fix

will be released at some point. It also rears its

head when using the windows+L key to lock the

screen.

I kept wondering why I never saw this, then I

realized I am always using a Unix style keyboard or a

MAC keyboard 😐

I have seen some posts from MS on this related to RDP6, however, our client version is still at 5.2. We have not upgraded yet, and most likely will not until there is a fix. I guess in the meantime there would be no harm if I pried the Win key from all of the users keyboard, eh? Smiley Wink

edit: Thanks to you both for the helpful responses!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos