VMware Horizon Community
TimLovegrove
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows Server 2003 r2 in Horizon View

Hi everyone, we're running Horizon View 5.3.0 build-1427931, working fine for al lthe modern OS's we've attached, end user logs in through a Wyse P45 Zero Client.

We have a requirement to run a number of Windows Server 2003 r2 VMs, and I would like to include these in the Horizon View estate as they are to be used as training workstations. The 5.3 agent is not compatible with this version of Windows, so I am looking for suggestions as to how best to achieve this requirement. Will a previous, compatible version of the HV agent work?

The current alternative thinking is to build a basic Windows 7 or 8 guest with the HV agent, and to run an RDP session off that to the Server 2003 machine. The only drawback is that this doubles the amount of machines I need running.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

2003 R2 may only be used as a terminal server source in View. You may run 2008 R2 VMs as desktop sources with View 5.3, but other than that you must use desktop OS versions.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

2003 R2 may only be used as a terminal server source in View. You may run 2008 R2 VMs as desktop sources with View 5.3, but other than that you must use desktop OS versions.

Mike

0 Kudos