VMware Horizon Community
Topstep1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows Monitor Scale when switching Clients

Hello,

I am very successfully using Horizon 2106 with a 2019 Server as a Desktop (just upgraded to 2022). 

I alternate between a 2021 12.9" iPad Pro and a Surface Pro X. The iPad is running the latest beta of iPad OS 15.1 and the Surface if running the latest Dev. Channel of Windows 11.

The Problem is when I alternate between devices; Somehow, the scale factor gets increased (200% becomes 300% for the Surface and my 1080p plugged in USB C monitor goes from 150% to 200%)

I think the system is cacheing the scale factor from my last login and it is retained until I reboot the machine. Logging off and back on does not fix the problem; I MUST reboot.

After a reboot the VM picks up the monitor configuration of the Surface (resolution and scale for Both displays are accurate, when I have rebooted the Horizon VM and logged back in.

Do I need to change a GPO Setting? I have them installed directly on the machine (I set the framefrate limit to the max. of 60fps) Every thing else is at the defaults I tried enabling "DI Synchronization Per Monitor" but that didn't really help.

Main Display - Surface 2880x1920 Scale 200% (Default).  without the reboot I get 300%

Secondary Display - USB C 1920X1080 150%(Default) without the reboot, I forget but it's higher.

ps. latest client and agent on both machines

0 Kudos
0 Replies