VMware Horizon Community
bdeksnys
Contributor
Contributor

Windows Font Size Using Horizon Client for Mac

Our enterprise is transitioning to View 7 and we are running into an issue adjusting the font/text size within windows. We are running Windows 7 linked clones and found now when someone adjusts the font/text size within Windows, it automatically reverts back to Smaller after the required log off.  I have discovered that the Horizon Client will automatically update the font/text size within VMware based on the font/text size selected on the client's machine. 

This is perfectly fine, but we have a number users with Apple computers and do not know how to affect this setting when signing in from the Horizon Client for Mac.  It always reverts the font/text size to smaller.

I would prefer to allow users to set the font/text size within VMware independent of what device they are logging in from.  Meaning, I would prefer to have automatic display scaling disabled.  I was able to do this using in View5 with the vSphere fat client, but we now use a VMware appliance and this is no longer an option provided in the vSphere web interface. 

Do you know what i need to adjust so VMware does not automatically change the font/text size in windows?

Or do you know how someone can get a larger font/text size when signing in from a Apple Mac?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bdeksnys
Contributor
Contributor

Bumping this.  Anyone know how to stop VMware from automatically adjusting the font size?

0 Kudos
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The option is not available with Apple MAC

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
bdeksnys
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for responding.  That information is helpful.

Do you know how I can disable the automatic resizing (or font scaling) so that users may set the font size inside VMware and it will stay regardless of where they log in from?

0 Kudos