VMware Horizon Community
online11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows 8 on Vmware view "The connection to the remote computer ended"

Hi everyone,

I am having connection problems with VMware view
I have installed windows 7 and tested fine. But Windows8 x64 is not ok.

The vm is in available state on view server. pls see attached snapshot. When I try to connect to via view client my session disconnects after few seconds with a warning "the connection to the remote computer ended"

When I check the proccess from vcenter console, it seems like the user is logging in without any problem. But view client does not display anything and disconnects.

what I have done so far:
- Tried both connections RDP and PcOIP
- Deleted and reinstalled client
- Removed view agent and reinstalled client
- Rebooted view server
- There is no firewall open. I am on the same subnet
- increased the video display memory size.
- rebooted everything.
- Checked dns settings, seems to be ok.
- removed from domain, and re added.

Infra:
ESX 5.1.0 799733
View 5.1.2
View client: 5.2.1 build 937772
VMware-viewcomposer-3.0.0-691993

I have searching around forums but couldnt find a excat answer to this issue.
Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks all

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The full list of supported operating systems for View 5.1 Agent is shown on page 15 of the installation guide - http://pubs.vmware.com/view-51/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/view-51-installation.pdf - see the section on Supported Operating Systems for View Agent.

You will find information on this forum from people who have got Windows 8 working and avoiding the "black screen"  "The connection to the remote computer ended", but note that this is not supported with View 5.1.x.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The full list of supported operating systems for View 5.1 Agent is shown on page 15 of the installation guide - http://pubs.vmware.com/view-51/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/view-51-installation.pdf - see the section on Supported Operating Systems for View Agent.

You will find information on this forum from people who have got Windows 8 working and avoiding the "black screen"  "The connection to the remote computer ended", but note that this is not supported with View 5.1.x.

Mark

0 Kudos