VMware Horizon Community
Imanb83
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 7 view 5.1 black screen PCOIP (its not the video ram)

Since windows 7 my view environment is very unstable. i have googled did everything in the vmware KB article :http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102833...

Infra

• vmware view server: 5.1.0 build-704644
  • vSphere Version 5.0.0 build 623373
  • ESXi 5.0.0. 623860

The VM windows 7 32 bits

• View Agent:VMware-viewagent-5.1.0-704644
  • Display driver: vmware svga 3d 7.14.1.1080 (17/04/2012)

This machine has 2 nics, 1 nic in the customer domain, and 1 nic in our view environment. (no GW or DNS), i have added view/dc servers to the hosts file.

and added the registry entry to bind the view connection to our subnet.

For windows XP this works perfectly.

Thin client Wyse: Rx0l

• linux suse
  • and the view client: vmware_viewclient-1.5.0-710491.00.014.sletc11sp1.rpm

What happens:

i can add the machine to view, it goes nicely into status available, but when the Thin client connects to the VM, the screen goes black, and it seems the display driver crashes, because on the console the screen freezes, when i click the shutdown/reboot button on VM the machine nicely shutsdown.

attached the server log off the VM.

What i already tried:

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jimedwardsterad
Contributor
Contributor

Why does my Virtual Machine launch to a black screen and disconnect? (15134-549)

Scenario:

Virtual Machine launches to a black screen or blank screen and then disconnects.

Causes:

1. The Virtual machine has more than one virtual NIC and the agent has randomly selected which NIC to bind to.
2. UDP port 4172 is blocked.
3. Load balancers have incorrect affinity/stickyness settings.

Resolution:

1. If the Guest operating system has more than one virtual NIC, you must configure the subnet that the View Agent uses.To accomplish this, you must set the value of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VMware, Inc\VMware VDM\Node Manager\subnet registry key to  n.n.n.n/m (REG_SZ), where n.n.n.n is the TCP/IP subnet and m is the number of bits in the subnet mask.
2. Configure ports UDP\TCP 4172 and TCP 443 to be allowed in and out of your firewall.
3. Configure load balancer affinity (or equivalent) to 1.

Products: View 4.5 or newer

Imanb83
Contributor
Contributor

We have 2 nics, and the registry key has indeed been added.

over the weekend a colleague discovered what an idiot i was.... we are havingan management vlan, and a vlan for the thin clients.

And apparantly the thin client was in the management vlan, (which is also why the provisioning worked! and i never verified the vlan... Smiley Sad)

0 Kudos