VMware Horizon Community
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Windows 7 cutomization problem - VMware View 4.5

I have VMware View Composer and vcenter 4.5 with 4.1, and I have a template with a customization specification Windows7 configured on the virtual center to run the template through the deployment of VMware View, but when it finishes running I realized that the machine did not enter the domain, and domain was configured in customization specification vCenter.

The Windows7 not have the sysprep file to put in vCenter, how do I create a Sysprep it to work?

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
8 Replies
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

For windows 7, there is no need of copying sysprep files, insted it uses inbuild sysprep utility within the Windows 7.

In your setup sysprep should work properly, try deploying a Vm from the windows 7 template customized custom Spec that you defined. It should join to the domain that you specified in the custom spec if everything else is fine.

But when you use the cutom spec through View to deploy pools, the VMs pools will not join to the domain specified in the custom spec, instead it will refer the domain admins added in VC configuration of View Administratior.

Ensue that the domain that you have slelected in the pool creation wizard is proper. This option is available on the same page where to have chosen sysprep and custom spec.

Thanks

Sivaprasad

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I  have created in a vcenter cutomização with all information, including  to put in the field, with User and domain admin password to  authenticate, but it did not work to put in the field, the remainder of  the customization usually corded.

My template is outside the domain but I see no problems with that.

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Where are you using this custom specs actually, through View or through vcenter server ?

Please clarify this. If it is through View and the pool that you are going to deploy is a linked clone pool then certian parametrs wont pick from the custom spec. (for example VM name, Domain membershp etc )

Also have you installed Vmware tools in the windows 7 template

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes VMware Tools is installed in template.
I use customization of vcenter. Check a print screen to undestand. I point the customization created in vcenter to pool of view.

i believe that this problem can be a bug.

see image

0 Kudos
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

OK , I understand that you are creating a full clone pool pointing to a VM template.

Please verify following

1. From vCenter console, select teh same VM template, right click and deploy. During the deploy wizard  use teh same custom spec. It should work properly with the configuration mentioned in custom spec. This way you can ensure that the environment** and configuration is proper.
  2. Secondly, if the former one works, check that you have installed View agent in the template
  3. Convert the template back to a vm , edit the settings and check
    1. network is configured "Connect at power on"
    2. The no of NIC present in the template maches with the configuration mentioned in custom spec

** environment means, ensure the networking, DNS, IP configuration, DHCP availability, Domain vailability

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. OK setting is appropriate, and esotu passing the domain and User domain admin.
2. the agent is OK
3. Edit configurções which the virtual machine??

There is a DNS and DHCP, the hostname of the machine when clones View is correct, including fqdn, but not put in the field.

0 Kudos
npeter
Expert
Expert

>>3. Edit configurções which the virtual machine??

Convert the template to virtual machine, Edit its settings and verify values.

Are you able to manually join the cloned machines to domain?

Also please make sure you have enough ports available in virtual switch used.

-Noble

-nObLe
0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

the probelm is another thing.

0 Kudos