VMware Horizon Community
jkatz71
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows 7 and View Client 3.01

I'm testing out Windows 7 and it seems to be pretty good except that when I start the client and connect to a VM, it will freeze once the desktop is loaded. I can see the icons and such and every few minutes I can get a mouse click in.

I even dropped the firewall and gave that a try, but no luck.

Also tried to run the app in compatibility mode (XP and Vista), same result.

I'm just wondering, has anyone had any luck with the client (version?) on Windows 7?

-jonathan

-jonathan
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi there,

does the screen freeze immideately after the login and it will come back after about 5 minutes?

Please could you deactivate the TPService in the Windows Services and try it again?

Do you have a FreePDF or another PDF driver installed on the client computer?

Thanks,

Christoph

Blog: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/dommermuth

0 Kudos
jkatz71
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The screen freezes immediately. It used to unfreeze after about 4-5 minutes and everything would be fine. Now (didn't install any new apps), it just freezes and will respond to a single mouse click sporadically every few minutes.

I only have Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 installed as far as PDF apps.

I can't find any services called TPService.

It's a pretty basic installation. Just Office 2007, Infrastructure Client, Reader 9, Firefox, and my VPN client.

-jonathan

-jonathan
0 Kudos
BAEdavidktate
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing same behavior in XP Professional SP2 w/ IE7 and View Client 3.01. Also do not have any process or service called TPService. I do have Acrobat Professional 8 installed.

I can access the same virtual desktop session from another machine. XP Professional SP2 w/ IE6 and View Client 3.01. Also do not have any process or service called TPService. This machine has CutePDF installed. Access is better. Not perfect, but better; usable.

David

0 Kudos
daleallenc
Contributor
Contributor

Christoph,

Just out of curiosity, why are you asking about PDF drivers and TPService?

I actually have a ticket in for what sounds like the same (intermittant) problem with some WinXP machines. No answer yet from VMware. They had me send in the client's View log file, but it didn't seem to be very helpful.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I have the same problem but I think we have narrowed ours down to a particular Xerox Phaser printer installed. These clients seem to hang/freeze when using the printer redirection feature. I have opened a ticket with VMware and will see where that goes.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos