VMware Horizon Community
seanpot
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 7 VMWare View 4 Performance Issues

I know that Windows 7 is not fully supported on VMWare View 4. However I was wondering if anybody has come across the following issues and know of workarounds?

1) Multi-screen doesn't appear to work. When you set it up for dual screen it ends up splitting it in half and you get black space eiether side on each monitor?

2) Outlook 2007 has a very bad typing lag where it freezes every few seconds when typing an e-mail and only works properly when being run in safe mode? One of the add-ins is probably causing it but wondered if anybody else has come across this?

3) It takes 3 or 4 attempts to get logged onto the Windows 7 VDI from the View Client. I know this is an issue with Win 7 but wondered if there is a workaround? Also, we use Single Sign On Software ( Imprivata ) which populates apps with your credentials when launched. Does anybody know if SSO is supported in View 4?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MicahelMenne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do some searching here. There are quite a few posts about replacing the VMware 3D driver with the VMware SVGA II driver. That fixes ALOT of things with WIndows 7. The 3D driver isn't quite fully baked for Win7. Also, crank up your video RAM to128MB in vCenter and crank up the Max res. in View Manager. This might help your outlook issues. I haven' t installed Office/outlook yet, but I've run several 1080p YouTube trailers and they rock!

0 Kudos