VMware Horizon Community
Guv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows 7 VDI deploy issue

Can you advise please on a windows 7 pool i am trying to deploy.  I ma using view 4.6 and am using vcentre 4.1 and esxi4.1.  I have dedicated and floating pools. I use a customization spec, where i enter all the windows 7 key, admin password, and importantly a script to run which would add the the new desktop to our windows domain which is a windows 2003 AD domain.  The script we run uses powershell and use the add-computer -domainname -oupath, which adds the computer to the domain and the computer account into specific OU.

The problem i have is that VD's are deployed fine and get added to the domain but when they complete they are just left logged on by the local administrator account, they are not logged off.  Such as the ctrl-alt- delete does not appear on the console, on the console the local adminstrator account is logged, so i have to manually log off the local admin account.

Is there any advise on how I can get this automatically logged off.

I have try adding restart-computer to the scrpt but still no difference.

1 Reply
ElevenB2003
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Guv,

It is recommended to use KMS to activate your Windows 7 desktops.  As for adding them to the domain and a specific OU, this can be done by using VMWare View's "Quick Prep" functionality.  It will join them to the domain and add them to the specific OU you select.  If you're using Sysprep instead of Quick Prep this could be your issue, but if all you're doing is adding them to the domain and a specific OU, I would just use Quick Prep.

Hope that helps!