VMware Horizon Community
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows 7 (Sysprep)

I am looking to start implementing Windows 7 into my Vmware View pool environment and I am having a few issues with that plan. I am trying to sysprep my Windows 7 Pro so that when the View Manager creates teh desktop from my template that is builds its self to the point where it is sitting at the alt + ctrl + del screen. At this time mine still wants to go through that first time logon stuff that includes the time zone, local user account password, locations, and PC names. What do I need to do to customize that portion out so it is to where I want it to be or what can i put into my sysprep unattended.xml file to move past this part? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WinOutreach
Contributor
Contributor

These settings can be automated in a SysPrep answer file, information on which settings must be configured in the answer file to allow unattended installation can be found http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744272(WS.10).aspx and detailed information on configuring your Windows Image can be found http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd799238(WS.10).aspx

Brandon

Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro

0 Kudos
charvoworld
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check weather desktop created by view manager is in domain  or not. use this steps to create sysprep custom steps charvo cloud: Vmware view Sysprep customization steps

Believe,

Charvo Benjamin

0 Kudos
VBValtcho
Contributor
Contributor

Why do you want to use sysprep? We are running View 5.2 and 5.3 and we use one that is build in View. Work like a champ.

0 Kudos
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We used sysprep for a long time and are just now switching to QuickPrep.  Makes a world of difference in the time that the pool is recomposed.  We were having problems with sysprep failing or causing the recompose to create an error in VIEW.  Since using QuickPrep we have not seen any errors in VIEW and we don't feel like we need to babysit the pools during the recompose. 

0 Kudos
VBValtcho
Contributor
Contributor

We try in the beginning and it was nothing but trouble. You have to have a KMS server on the network to handle the product activation for Windows and Office. We are using a Quick prep and we also have Cisco UCS blades with Nimble 440 storage. The storage make all the difference. Creating the pools and recomposing is fast.

0 Kudos
thyos2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all

need help to create an unattended answer file for sysprep a windows 7 ent 64bit image to automate the following settings

1 prevent sysprep to disable the default local admin

2 prevent sysprep to remove installed drivers

3 to only prompt to enter ComputerName

4 Automatically adding the computer to the domain

Please can someone tell me how possible this is.

Thanks

0 Kudos