VMware Horizon Community
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows 7 + SSO

Hi,

I have a completed Windows 7 image.  I setup a test pool to try with a couple of Zero Clients to ensure it was working and when I login to VMWare View on the Zero Client it automatically logs me in to Windows 7.  I don't want it to SSO me on to Windows 7, instead I want it to just show the Windows 7 login screen or 'press ctrl+alt+del' and then type in the username and password.  So my question is how do I disable SSO for Windows 7?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You can disable SSO via one of the agent group policies.    The adm files should be available under  C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\extras\GroupPolicyFiles on a connection broker.

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,  Thank you for the response.  I forgot to mention I have already tried that.  It made no difference and as soon as either a Zero Client or View Client (v5.2) connects it logs in to Windows 7.  If I then load up gpedit - Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Classic Administrative Templates - VMware View Agent Configuration I can see the policy change for SSO is disabled.  At the moment I am stumped why it is not disabling, it must be something silly i'm overlooking.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Did you apply the GPO at the VDI machine level?    Any chance that a higher up GPO is taking precendence?   

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,  I made the change on the golden image logged in locally as an admin user.  The OU container within AD has no group policies assigned.  We are a Novell user and currently using EDirectory and Zenworks for policies.  The Windows 7 image does join the Windows Domain.  Everything works on Windows XP so I was a bit surprised at this issue.  I'm just not sure what I am overlooking.

Thanks.

0 Kudos