VMware Horizon Community
mlind
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows 7 Machines stuck in "Customizing" status

I have just provisioned 2 Windows 7 machines from an automatic, non-persisitant pool. The customization is complete (as I only needed the machines to join the domain). However according to View Manager they are still in a "customizing" state. Even if I reboot or shut off the View Agent Service on them.

Is there anyway to get them to go to the "Ready" state?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Spencer14
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Mlind,

Make sure the desktops have connectivity to the network via your Virtual Infrastructure Client first and foremost. If they can't ping the Connection Manager then the agent won't report that it is ready.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
siglert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You should verify that you have the latest and greatest updates for both the view agent and the view composer. These that support Windows 7 were just released a little over a month ago. I've not seen this issue with it other than with the prior release patches.

0 Kudos
Spencer14
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Mlind,

Make sure the desktops have connectivity to the network via your Virtual Infrastructure Client first and foremost. If they can't ping the Connection Manager then the agent won't report that it is ready.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
mlind
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For some odd reason DNS wasn't resolving.

I had to manually change the IP address to get DNS to resolve. Once DNS resolved all I had to do was restart the View Agent Service on the client end and I was in the clear.

Thanks

0 Kudos