VMware Horizon Community
PurumConsulting
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 7 Horizon - Web cam only captures black pictures/videos

I have been working on coming up with a solution to get the cameras working on our Zero Client VDI Machines. I have gotten with our VDI team to see if they could offer us a fix, but they haven't gotten a solution for us yet.

When we plug the camera into a Zero Client, it recognizes the camera and downloads the driver just like when I tested it, but it won't capture an image.

I've had a test done with a different camera and got the same response so the problem seems to be originating in the Zero Clients themselves or possibly with the VDI software.

Have you attempted to use webcams within a VDI environment before?

If so, did you experience this same issue and can you offer us any guidance on a possible solution?

Environment: Windows 7 Horizon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Please create thread in the area for the product used - moved to Horizon Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you tried a regular fat client(e.g. Horizon Linux client or Windows client) with the same camera? If it worked the issue might be in Zero client and recommend to check with Teradici first.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Make sure the thin clients are up to date as possible,  the there is subcomponent in the horizon client  call rtav I've seen on thin clients that may be out of date that could cause this

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-7/7.0/com.vmware.horizon-view.desktops.doc/GUID-D6FD6AD1-D...

0 Kudos