VMware Horizon Community
JohanL1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows 11 issue VDI

Hello, 

Hoping someone my be able to help me or guide me to right way.

Little short about environment:

Horizon 2212 - vTPM enable on pool 

Golden Image: windows 11 22H2 to Onedrive we using File on-demand policy with FSlogix

i've tried to get win11 (VDI) work with Onedrive but it doesn't, the problem i get is Windows Explorer freezes can relate the problem i have here to microsoft forum: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-11/onedrive-issues-on-windows-11/m-p/2674325

but these solutions have not worked except press "shift + F3" before you navigate in to onedrive, i see that more as a workaround.

so wonder if someone have same issue with Win11 in vdi?  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohanL1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

found the solution now on this issue, config Appvol agent to exclude Onedrive.

•  C:\program files (x86)\CloudVolumes\Agent\Config create a folder called ‘custom’
  • create file snapvol.cfg
  • exclude_registry=\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SyncRootManager

Now works Windows 11 and Onedrive for me. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have you done the Windows optimisations using OSOT tool?

On an unrelated note, how are you adding vTPM to the VMs? Are they added to the golden image or are they added on the fly during pool deployment?

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
JohanL1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, 

Yes, i have done the OSOT but i unselect Onedrive before optimisations.

When i creating Golden image i install windows 11 with vTPM when im done with the image i delating the vTPM. But when i publish the golden image to the pool i add vTPM from pool settings. (schedule maintain or create new pool)

Follow this link as much i can, execpt i dont have graphic card.

https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/manually-creating-optimized-windows-images-vmware-horizon-vms#c...

Another thing i find, in windows 11 system requirement, can i see windows 11 need WDDM 2.0 (minimum) and in my golden image i have WDDM 1.3, can that possibly affect navigation issue in windows Explorer in Onedrive? 

0 Kudos
JohanL1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

found the solution now on this issue, config Appvol agent to exclude Onedrive.

•  C:\program files (x86)\CloudVolumes\Agent\Config create a folder called ‘custom’
  • create file snapvol.cfg
  • exclude_registry=\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SyncRootManager

Now works Windows 11 and Onedrive for me.