VMware Horizon Community
Skullpuck
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 not displaying on both monitors. Displays on single just fine. Windows 7 works on both. PCoiP

We have recently created a pool of linked clone Windows 10 VMs. Our original pool of Windows 7 VMs have no issues whatsoever. The Windows 10 pool was created with the exact same settings as the Windows 7 ones.

However, when we try to log into them with our Dell WYSE Zero Clients we get a black screen on both monitors then it disconnects after 10 seconds. If we just have one monitor connected it works perfectly.

We're also having issues with people logging in with a single monitor and the desktop just flashes over and over again. Reboot usually fixes, but the problem reappears later.

Things I've tried:

• Increasing the video memory to 128MB
  • Verified that 2 or 4 monitors are the minimum in the pool
  • Verified that the tools and agent were installed in the correct order
  • Installed the newest version of VMWare tools (this caused it to black out on a single screen and dual screen.
  • Changed the GPO for DNS access to disabled (found this on a vmware KB that said it was related)
  • Tried all 4 ports in the back of the WYSE box

I've tried updating the VGA driver to the one that's in the agent directory but it's exactly the same version.

I'm at a complete loss as to what's happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VMWare support is not helping whatsoever.

EDIT: Logging in with Horizon Client in Windows has the same effect as the Zero Clients.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

did you tried to upgrade zero client firmware ?

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Black screens and disconnects can happen for a number of reasons. Firewall (ruled out since 1 screen works), network latency/packet loss or resource issue on the machine with the Horizon Agent. Have you reviewed the Horizon Agent logs to see what is going on? Feel free to share them here along with times of when the user connected/disconnected (sanitize as needed).

0 Kudos