VMware Horizon Community
Hocshop
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Windows 10 build 1803 error in new VMs.

Hi all,

I am 99.9% certain that the problem I have is Microsoft related however I just wanted to see if anyone else had seen the same issue and how they resolved it.

I have deployed desktops in Horizon 7.5 with the 1803 build of Windows 10.

The desktops are taking a long time to load upon first use and then they give an error popup that the desktop cannot be found in the searched location.

The desktop is just shown as a bare desktop.

(They are not using Roaming or Mandatory profiles).

If I also boot up the master image VM I see the same behavior there. (do I just need to do a reinstall and hope that one comes out better?)

Researching on the internet leads me to believe that it is a Microsoft Win 10 issue and nothing to do with Horizon 7.5 however that hasn´t helped me to resolve my issue.

(I found out that the build given to me was at RTM level so I updated it to the latest build before the L1 vulnerability patch however I still see the issue)

Has anybody else seen this behavior and found out how to resolve it?

Any help or comments would be most welcome.

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies
andiwe79
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have running Windows 10 1803 Full Clones (sysprep) and Linked Clones (quickprep) running on Horizon 7.5.1.

Most errors came from AppX Packages locking the Sysprep (check the sysprep logs if you use sysprep!).

0 Kudos
Hocshop
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks andiwe79,

I will revise them just in case to see if I can find anything.

I already ran the OS Optimization Tool and optimized fully so I thought that the useless AppX packages had been removed/disabled.

Regards

0 Kudos