VMware Horizon Community
Jamit2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows 10 Virtual Desktop BlueTooth Headphone Controls

Hi All, Got a weird one for you. We run a mix of Microsoft Surface Headphones and Plantronics Voyager 5200 Series bluetooth headphones. These are paired the the Host devices  (Microsoft Surface Pro and Books) and passing through to a Horizon Windows 10 1903 Virtual Desktop.

Audio and Mic work fine in all circumstances so far but it gets weird when we use the pause button on either of the headphone devices.

Normal behaviour on a physical devices is that you click/touch the pause button on the headset and what ever media is playing will pause (e.g. youtube, media player, VLC) no matter the content being played (Video or audio only).

In the virtual desktop the behaviour gets a little weird. When the pause button is selected the playback is paused then played in very rapid succession, similar to holding down a key on the keyboard. The only way to resolve the issue is to close and reopen the media being played (i.e. Close media player, close the browser tab...).

The only case that the problem does not occur under is if you are playing media in the MS Edge browser ver44 and Firefox 73.0.1

I do plan on raising this with VMware Support but thought I would ask the community first?

Our Horizon Environment Details;

Connection Broker Version: 7.9

Agent Version: 7.9

Client Version; Windows 5.2 and 5.3 tested

Host Computer OS: Win10 1903

Guest Virtual Desktop OS: Win10 1903 (Full Clone Desktop)

Media Players tested failed: VLC 3.0.8 and Windows Media player

Browsers Tested Failed: Chromium Edge, Google Chrome

Browsers Tested Working: MS Edge browser ver44, Firefox 73.0.1

0 Kudos
0 Replies