VMware Horizon Community
EricNichols
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Windows 10 Tech Preview Build 9926 - Start menu fails, Persona Management fails to update

I used the Optimization tool Windows 7 / 8 template and applied all settings. VMware OS Optimization Tool – VMware Labs

I also used the latest agent, tools and  batch scripts from the guide in http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/VMware-View-OptimizationGuideWindows7-EN.pdf

After doing that to the parent image, to get the start menu to work, I had to revert the LUA to enabled. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System enablelua DWORD 1

and add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced EnableXamlStartMenu DWORD 0

Even then, persona management would not write my registry back to the persona repository. It did however write other file based changes back to the registry. Suppose it has something to do with the new profile.V5 format? Is there any beta version of Persona Management for Windows 10?

Looks like native roaming profiles for testing at the moment.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Does it work if you do not perform any changes and optimizations?

Did you try with View 6.1 that was released today?

Windows 10 as you know not yet released and you should not expect it to work without issues in the current versions.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos