VMware Horizon Community
umms
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Windows 10 Start Button No Longer Works

We have had this problem sporadically and it doesnt affect all users. Seems like after a rebalance or a recompose some users lose the ability to click on the start menu and bring up a list of their programs. Doesn't happen to all Desktops in pool. Can't figure out the rhyme or reason for this. If I set someone up with a brand new desktop it works fine. But people don't want to have to setup their stuff again - Just using persistent drives.

This is Windows 10 LTSB running latest patches and Horizon View 7.9 agent. Anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I had this issue with 7.9 as well, and re-installing both the View Agent and VMWare Tools resolved it for some reason.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnTwilley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Did you run the VMWare Optimization Fling on that image?  That's been know to cause the Start Menu to Hang/freeze.

VMware just released a newer version of the Optimization fling that resolved that issue.  The problem is that you would need to roll-back to a good state, and then use the new tool...

John

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I had this issue with 7.9 as well, and re-installing both the View Agent and VMWare Tools resolved it for some reason.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos