VMware Horizon Community
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Windows 10 Microphone/Jabber not working

Hello Everyone,

We are currently on Horizon 7.8 with Instant clones and we use Cisco Jabber for messaging and calls. We have couple of offsite users that work remotely and they are trying to use their laptop's speakers and microphone for calls however their built in microphone doesn't seem to work. They are on the newest Horizon Client as well. When they make a call from withing Horizon session, the call goes though they can hear another party though their speakers but the other side cannot hear them. I looked at those laptops (different models) and I see that withing laptop's OS mic is working but when within session it doesn't. Again output sound works but mic is not going through.

Does anybody have any idea what might be the case?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
txfree2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just figured out the problem it's a privacy setting you have to give it permission to access your mic on your laptop.

jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

You mentioned like Remote users are facing this audio issue in Cisco Jabber. Can you check by connecting to the same VDI pool from Intranet and check if you can hear the sound.

How the remote users are accessing the VDI? Is it thru VPN or VMware UAG?

/Jon

0 Kudos
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

jonathanjabez

It is thorugh VDI/Horizon. It appears that it's tide to user's device. The same user can work just fine from my laptop or any other just not his own. I didn't think about privacy settings but can definitely give it a shot. I think nit might be really it but I'll post back results

0 Kudos