Yes, I know it's not yet supported...but I'm curious how your testing is going with the new Win10 Fall Creators Build 1709. (Insider Fast Ring)
We've played around with it, but cannot get composer to successfully finish provisioning. We think it's due to all of the new Security Features backed into the OS. We will slowly disable them until we are successful. How's your testing going?
I have tried to add EVERYONE permissions
sc.exe sdset ...) just to see if this could get us any further in the process but it didn't change or impact the situation at all.
We have the same issue, any news on this from VMware yet?
We've tested with the Visual C++ runtime installation based on an other article:
No luck so far.
OK. So we've established the fact that Windows 10 Fall Creator build 1709 does NOT work using composer. No word so far from VMware about any issues or fixes.
This leads me to the following question:
Now that Microsoft is on a new Windows 10 update schedule, what type of timeline should we expect for support from VMware? How long do we have to wait until we are in a supported state?
I know that in the healthcare industry, we are pressed to rollout security patches and updates at an aggressive rate. Obviously, it takes time for VMware to test and validate these builds, but I wish they were a little more transparent on this process.
Horizon 7 Agent and Remote Experience (64 & 32 bit)
|Horizon 7||Horizon 7.0.1||Horizon 7.0.2||Horizon 7.0.3||Horizon 7.1||Horizon 7.2|
|Win 10 1511 CB (Enterprise and Professional)||Non-production support only||Non-production support only||Non-production support only||Non-production support only||Non-production support only||Non-production support only|
|Win 10 1511 CBB (Enterprise and Professional)||Not Supported||Not Supported||Full Support, Fresh Install Only||Full Support||Full support, but recommend 1607||Full support, but recommend 1607|
|Win 10 1607 LTSB (Enterprise and Professional)||Not Supported||Not Supported||Full Support, Fresh Install Only||Full Support||Full Support||Full Support|
|Win 10 1607 CB (Enterprise and Professional)||Non-production support only||Non-production support only||Non-production support only||Non-production support only||Non-production support only||Non-production support only|
|Win 10 1607 CBB (Enterprise and Professional)||Not supported||Not supported||Full Support, Fresh Install Only||Full Support||Full Support||Full Support|
|Win 10 1703 CB||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported (test pending)||Not supported (test pending)||Non-production support only|
Microsoft has updated its servicing model. The Semi-Annual Channel is a twice-per-year feature update release targeting around March and September, with 18-month servicing timelines for each release. The Semi-Annual Channel replaces the Current Branch (CB) and Current Branch for Business (CBB) concepts starting with Windows 10, version 1703, which released for broad deployment on July 27, 2017.
VMware still does not support Win 10 1703... it was pre-released in April 2017. I'm I the only one concerned about this?
Thanks for bringing the Win 10 KB issue to my attention. We do support 1703 CBB / SAC. Recently there was a system migration of our Knowlege Base articles, for some reason, it looks like a very old version of the KB was migrated over and now shows up online. We'll address the problem right away.
In general, we are trying to add support to newer Win 10 versions as quickly as we can. We are not able to commit to any specific timeline (i.e. x-day currency), but we are targeting a very short time frame. Note for CB branches (or SAC during targeted phase) will only have tech preview support on Horizon 7. Once it enters broad deployment phase, as declared by MSFT, we will be supporting it in production.
So has anyone tried doing a fresh build from ISO using 1709?
We have found and reported to MS issues with Sysprepping our gold images for SCCM built Physical systems. If we just update the build via SCCM/WSUS it fails to sysprep. If we Build clean from ISO we can get it to sysprep. For reference we did find this KB article from MS about removing some of the Windows Store apps and how it could affect an update.
I'm working with my team and we'll be doing a fresh build from ISO next week in an attempt to get this working. But the MS article is another pointer which might help.
I was having the same problem and found an error about composer not being able to remove the composer service from the dependency list for the Base Filter Engine service in one of the logs. I removed the dependency from BFE from the registry and then was able to successfully build the pool out.
Forgot to mention that I am running View 7.2 for everything.
Worked for me as well. I also had to remove the Security Subkey for the BFE Service.
Running Vmware View 6.2.2.
- In Regedit, in the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE
- Removed the entry vmware-viewcomposer-ga from the value: DependOnService
- Deleted Subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE\Security
- Restarted VM.
- Verified Services.
- Recompose pool to new Snapshot.
- It worked.