VMware Horizon Community
DGGeromini
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 21H1 instant clone and MSOffice 2016 not activating Active Directory integrated license

We have created a new Windows 10 21H1 image and experiencing an issue with MSOffice 2016 not activating against the Active Directory integrated licensing as an instant clone. 

VMWare HOST: 6.7 17700523

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - with all security patches

Additional: VMWare Horizon Agent 7.13.1, VMWare Tools 11333, DEM 10.1, MSOffice 2016 x86

Note: launching an instant clone as my domain admin account works without issue.  MSOffice performs the AD integrated licensing task using the Software Protection Service in windows.   When launching as a standard user MSOffice fails to license.  The software protection service will not start with eventid 7000.  I try to perform the CSCRIPT OSPP.VBS /DSTATUS from a cmd line and it just times out.  However, if I bring up the baseimage for these instant clones i can sign in as a standard user and MSOffice activates without issue.    There is something happening during the instant clone process that is causing the Software Protection service not to run for standard user accounts.  I have moved the instant clone workstation obj's to an OU with zero polices and it still occurs.  I have seen this issue on Windows 10 2004 and 21H1 using Horizon agent 7.12 and 7.13.1.  Windows 10 1909 works without issue.  

Has anyone else seen this?  Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

0 Kudos
0 Replies