VMware Horizon Community
bigdaddy73
Contributor
Contributor

Win 8.1 View Desktop

I used to have Win 8 working in View. When I rebuilt my pool, I was never able to get it working again. The desktop would build, but I would just get a black screen in the View client and then it would reconnect. I'm getting the same issue with 8.1, now. I have View 5.1. Can someone help me out?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cH1LL1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A few quesitons:

"When i rebuilt my pool" -  Did you delete the pool completely and recreate a new pool with the same Desktop naming convention? Or did you simply recompose your desktops to a new snapshot?

"The desktop would build" -  are you referrring to it completing the customization proces and then sit in an "available" state?

I would just get a black screen in the view client" -  after you typed in your username and password and succesfuly authenticated against Ldap the Connection server then forwarded you on to an available desktop but the screen remained black then attempted a retry?

What changes have you made?

are you using the same client to connect with as you did before?

Thanks

0 Kudos
bigdaddy73
Contributor
Contributor

I completely rebuilt the pool.

It's telling me that it can't use customization, so I told it not use customization. It builds and becomes available. I get logged into the client and choose the win 8.1 desktop. A screen comes up (which is usually your desktop), but it's black. It disconnects after about 10 seconds

There is really no tie to what I did previously. This is just a template I built from scratch, yesterday, with Win 8.1. So, everything is new. As far as I can remember, the pool settings are the same.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Windows 8.1 is not supported with View 5.1, you need to be on View 5.3 and the on a vSphere release that also supports Windows 8.1

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos