VMware Horizon Community
Ubuntu111
Contributor
Contributor

Why will PCOIP not work??? Getting error "Connect desktop failed."

I have a View 4 test lab running on an HP dv6t laptop. This laptop has an i7 quad core processor and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. I have 4 virtual machines running on Workstation 7 and a 5th vm running on the ESX host vm.

Here is the setup:

VM#1 - ESX4 vm

VM#2 - Windows Server 2003 Enterprise vm with View Connection Manager 4.0.1 installed and configfured

VM#3 - Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (64 bit) vm - domain controller - VMware View Client 4.0.1 installed and configured

VM#4 - Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (64 bit) vm - vCenter server

VM#5 - XP Professional vm (residng on ESX 4 vm and managed via vCenter) - VMware View Agent 4.0.1 installed and configured

I am able to launch View from VM#3 and connect to the XP Pro desktop (VM#5) if I use RDP as the protocol. However, if I use PCOIP as the protocol I immediately get the error "Connect desktop failed." Any ideas on why I can use RDP but not PCOIP? All of these vms (including the XP vm) are on the same domain and subnet. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Can you connect from an external machine? I am thinking it could be something with the VMware Workstation that causes the issue since we are reusing some of the components from WS to get the display-driver working in View Client.

Any errors in the logs?

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos