VMware Horizon Community
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Why does the NVRAM file gets corrupted?

Hello folks,

coming from here After recompositioning W7 linked clone: No OS found , I got a solution for my problem (VMware KB: VMware View desktop fails to boot to the operating system and launches the PXE boot scree...) from mittim12. Thanks for that.

But one question is not answered, yet. Why does the nvram file gets corrupt every time I do a recomposition and for every guest? What I can say ist that the boot order has not been altered, as this is one possible cause mentioned in that KB article.

Cheers

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

I deleted the nvram file of the linked clone master, but still the same thing happens. While the first snapshot of the master works, as soon as I do the second one I get the "Operating System not found" error. Deleting the nvram of the affected linked clone (and all are affected) solves the issue.

But I can't always delete the nvram file of several linked clones.

Any help available?

AWo

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

I did an upgrade to Horizon 6.0.1 and now a recomposition still kills the guest, but deleting the nvram file doesn't help anymore like it did with View 5.3.1.

Any help?

AWo

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I think, at this point, you are going to have to take it up with support.  I've only seen a couple of post where it looked like the NVRAM is at fault so I can't imagine it's a huge widespread thing.   Hopefully they can provide some insight into what triggers the corruption and how to prevent it.

0 Kudos