VMware Horizon Community
mohissa
Contributor
Contributor

Why I'm getting "The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match" when I'm connecting to my view connection server using the view client?

- My VDI environment was working fine until we had a change management where we needed to power off our environment. After powering on, in the VC everything looks fine all VMs are green.

- To connect to my VDI pool I opened my VMWare View Client, when I hit connect it came back with error: The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match.

- From my View Connection Server I verified the certificate and the host name and it looks no change been made.

- I can not open my View Administrator neither from the server nor from a browser outside the server.

Any help!!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mohissa
Contributor
Contributor

I had to call two of my colleagues to come over and we manage to resolve the issue.

Here was the way we fix it:

- My CS had two NICs one was static and the second one was through DHCP.

- After the Change management was over the second NIC was not taking a valid IP address and the SSL was registered to the MAC address of that NIC, that where was giving the certificate error.

- We had to remove the second NIC and un join the server from the domain and rejoin it, this way to pick an other certificate which will be registered with the only existing NIC.

- Rebooted the server.

- It took long time and it came correct.

Regards,

0 Kudos
bsguru
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is the View environment got upgraded to latest version.( i mean to 4.6.1, 5.0 or 5.0.1) ?

If yes please check the Release Note : https://www.vmware.com/support/view50/doc/view-50-release-notes.html

"View clents now follow the well-known browser model for handling certificates, displaying errors detected in the certificate presented by View Connection Server, or in the certificate trust chain. Administrators can set the Certificate verification mode group policy to enforce strict certificate checking; if any certificate error occurs, the user cannot connect to View Connection Server. Alternatively, administrators can use the default Warn But Allow mode, which supports self-signed server certificates and lets users connect to View Connection Server with certificates that have expired or are not yet valid. If necessary, administrators can also set a No Security mode that lets users connect without certificate checking. "

0 Kudos
bsguru
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

--- I can not open my View Administrator neither from the server nor from a browser outside the server.

Please refer the following KB article:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=2018751&sl...

0 Kudos