VMware Horizon Community
jpallanore
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Which version of RDP use View ?

Hello all,

I would know which version of RDP use View. It's RDP 5.2, 6.1, ... ?

Thank you in advance.

Jean-Philippe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The version of RDP is entirely dependent upon the version installed in the End client device and the back end Operating system being utilised as a guest.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The version of RDP is entirely dependent upon the version installed in the End client device and the back end Operating system being utilised as a guest.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
daleallenc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found that upgrading my Windows XP guests to Remote Desktop Connection 6.x and using RDC 6.x on the client really helped performance for remote user access.

jpallanore
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your answers

0 Kudos
sven_kempf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello daleallenc,

did I get you right: You've installed a RDP 6 Server on your XP-Desktops and use a RDP 6 Client on your Client-Side? I thought RDP 6 would only be available with Windows Vista? Could you please tell me, where to geht this RDP 6 Server? It would be very helpfull for me!

Thank you and regards

Sven

0 Kudos
YoMarK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

daleallenc, does connecting with a RDP6 client to Windows XP improve video performance on the new Wyse devices?

0 Kudos
daleallenc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

To clarify, RDC 6.0 is available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 through Windows Update (use Custom, not Express) or as a redistributable download. Vista SP1 uses RDC 6.0.6001, which I believe came with Vista (or at least SP1). I have both XP VMs and 2003 terminal servers which I updated to use RDC 6.0. I also updated our user's PCs and laptops to RDC 6.x.

My environment is all about remote access, not local use (even though it's available for local access). Updating to RDC 6.x on both the guest/terminal server side, and the client side gave a noticeable improvement to our user's remote experience.

We don't have any thin clients, so I can't comment on that aspect.

0 Kudos
jpallanore
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

RDC 6.1 (KB951616) for Windows XP SP3 and Vista SP1. The advantages of RDC 6.1 are :

• Distant signature Desktop Protocol (RDP)

• EasyPrint des services Terminal Server

More details on

Sorry but I don't find this article in english.

JP

0 Kudos