VMware Horizon Community
Andre333
Contributor
Contributor

Which License for View Connection Manager?

Hi,

trying to resolve an issue surrounding licensing ordered through our OEM which is ongoing since last October.  Basically, I'm needing to confirm what license type is required to enter into the the V4.6 (or V5) Connection Manager license field since the license product names are bewildering to me and all involved.  We have the following collection of licenses none of which are accepted by the Connection Manager.

Vmware View 4 Enterprise Bundle: 10 Pack

> View 4 Enterprise Add-on

> VMware View 4.x Enterprise Add-on License

VMware vCenter Server 4 Standard for View 4.6 (Includes Orchestrator & Linded Mode)

VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus for Desktop Stand Alone

vCenter Server 4 Standard for View 4

Thanks in advance,

Mike

(I do award points)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
amandasmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The VMware View Manager is licensed per concurrent connected user, but  the licensing is enforced by the EULA and thus relies on the  administrator to monitor the number of users that are connected.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

The VMware View Bundle 10 pack should include the license you need

VMware vCenter Server 4 Standard for View 4.6   would be assigned to vCenter

VMware vSphere enterprise Plus for Desktop Stand Alone would be assigned to esx host running desktop loads

vCenter Server 4 Standard for View 4 would be assigned to vCenter. 

They changed it at some point though for the life of me I can't remember when.  If you have a View 4 licenise you may need to update it to a 4.5 or 4.6 license in order to use it in connection manager.