VMware Horizon Community
mailrd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where to start

We are looking at having a VMWare professional services partner in to setup a VMWare View Pilot project (1 server, 20 desktops nothing huge). They are proposing View3 but I'm a latest greatest kinda guy and am wondering what you guys would ask for? Is there any reason for me to want 3 over 4? This is being started from scratch so the pilot infrastructure will be built to specs. Is 4 that bad? I just can't figure out why they want to go with 3 I guess. Any input would be appreciated. The desktops will be WinXP if it matters.

Thanks group

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There is no reason for go with View 3 instead of View 4. View 4 have support for vSphere and also have a new supirior display protocol and price should be the same also.

I don't think you actually can buy View3 anymore...

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There is no reason for go with View 3 instead of View 4. View 4 have support for vSphere and also have a new supirior display protocol and price should be the same also.

I don't think you actually can buy View3 anymore...

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
mailrd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Linjo

0 Kudos