VMware Horizon Community
johannf
Contributor
Contributor

Where to install viewcomposer

The viewconnection server software should be installed on a dedicated server. Can I install the composersoftware at the same server ?

Regards

JFolkestad

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Camek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The View Composer must be installed on the same server as your vCenter Server

0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't know is it only me but why do we need so many different applications??? VMware View Connection Server, View Agent, View Client, View Client with Offline Desktop, View Composer???... VMware has a great product but why make so many applications I am to the point where I just leave well as it is. Too many apps will eventually spoil the broth. It's nice to have different options but I think VMware is doing the same thing Citrix had done, developers are just going nuts making things and pushing out all these apps. Slow down guys concentrate on what you have now and perfect that, theirs little bugs you can work on.

Keep the products you have, make improvements, fixes and make your customers happy...

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

You View Composer software need to be installed on the vCenter server.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos