VMware Horizon Community
IAmTheWheezer
Contributor
Contributor

Webcams/RTAV Not Working on View Agent 7.12?

Greetings,

We have recently just moved from 7.6 to 7.12  at the company I work at and it appears RTAV has broken for us. Webcam mics still work, but the camera portion will fail to start when trying to use them in any meeting app. It's been suggested we try on an updated version of Windows 10 (which we are working on, but it is nowhere near being ready to be pushed out into production) or to build a new Gold Image from scratch, but none of those are really a viable option as we would have to re-do all of our app stacks amongst other things, which could take at least a month or two. Just curious if anyone else was in a similar predicament and was able to find a solution.

A snapshot of our environment:

Windows 10 1607 LTSB

View Agent 7.12

DEM 9.10

VMWare Tools 11.0.5

App Vol Agent 2.18

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mickeybyte2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Just thinking out loud: the camera is not grabbed by USB redirection? Because it's one way or the other, either USB redirection of the Camera or RTAV. You can't use both.

Maybe you can give us more details about "the camera portion will fail to start"? Any error messages or warnings? What devices do you see in your Teams/Zoom/Webex/whatever application you need your camera for?

Regards,

Michiel.

Regards, Michiel.
0 Kudos
domdsouza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using Writables in your environment. We had a similar issue and we has to exclude this path in the snapvol.cfg file.

exclude_path=%SystemRoot%\INF

0 Kudos
IAmTheWheezer
Contributor
Contributor

Apologies for the late reply. We do have writables, but they are only given to very specific users. I am testing with an account that doesn't have one.

0 Kudos
IAmTheWheezer
Contributor
Contributor

It is not. The only devices that came up within the settings were the "VMWare Virtual Webcam" and "VMWare Virtual Microphone". I made sure to disable USB redirection on the devices I was testing on.  We need to have both options available to use because we utilize a mix of zero clients (not capable of RTAV and have to use USB redirection) and Thin Clients (able to use RTAV). Do you think this may be what is causing a confliction?

0 Kudos
tvalcesia
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar problem today with a customer and the main problem was related to Horizon Client version, which needed to be updated.

I'm not sure which Horizon Client version are you using but I would strongly recommend upgrade it accordingly to the latest version your Thin Client supports.

Thiago Valcesia
Senior Solution Engineer, EUC | VCIX – DTM | Office of the CTO, Ambassador
0 Kudos