Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Webcam Not Installing When Plugged Into a Zero/Thin Client

Horizon View: 7.11.0.15231595
vSphere: 6.7.0.40000
App Volumes: 4.1.0.57
Writable Volume: UIA-Only
DEM: 9.10.0.921

I have a Logitech C615 HD webcam that I am using for ZoomVDI on a Windows 10 instant clone pool. When I login to the pool on a physical computer using the Horizon client with the webcam plugged into it, the webcam works fine. I am able to see an image and hear audio on the instant clone in ZoomVDI. If I reconnect to that same instant clone desktop on a Dell P25 or Wyse 3040, the camera will not install. Instead, it will show up in Devices and Printers as an HD Webcam C615 in the devices section and then immediately disappear. It will continue to blink in and out indefinitely until I unplug it. I get the same behavior if I login to a fresh instant clone with the webcam plugged into the P25/3040.

Thoughts?

This is just a standard plug-n-play camera not requiring a driver install. Obviously the camera is functional and Windows 10 seems to pick it up fine on a physical PC. Other USB devices seem to work, so it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue with the connection devices or the camera.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao

I have encountered a similar problem using DELL zero-clients with teradici firmware. If you are in the same situation (teradici) for use the webcam you must use a specific USB port of the zero client (zero client's root USB port).
More information in this link https://help.teradici.com/s/article/1550

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos