VMware Horizon Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Web Browser access to View?

All,

I was reading up on View Portal a little. Someone suggested I could just navigate to the web page of the View Connection Server with a web browser (no View Client installed) and logon to a VM.

When I hit the View Portal web page, basically it just allows me to download the View Client.

Is it true that I MUST use the View Client?  Or is it possible to use a Java plug-in or something to log on via the web?

I checked the Admin Guide and Architecture guide and it looks like the client is required (always).

Thanks,
Drew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

web browser access is not possible with view, when you go to the site you're being prompted to install view client. perhaps that someone is referring to vsphere web access?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

web browser access is not possible with view, when you go to the site you're being prompted to install view client. perhaps that someone is referring to vsphere web access?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As Idle as stated your going to need the client to access your VIew desktop.   You could try to thinappa the client and make it available for download.  At least that way they wouldn't technically have to install anything.   You would lose some functionality but at least they could access the desktop. 

0 Kudos
uday_s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just adding to Idle and Mittim's comments,

If you use Internet Explorer and you already have View Client installed, if the version is the same as that on the client device, View Portal starts the View Client installed on the local system. If the version available from View Connection Server is newer than that installed on the client device, you can choose to upgrade.

admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Thanks for all of the helpful replies!   This is what it looks like when you open the browser, too.

Thanks,
Drew

0 Kudos