VMware Horizon Community
JuNIS12
Contributor
Contributor

WIN10 customizing stucking state

Hi! I have horizon 7.5.1. Esxi 6.7 Create template Win10 1803, install VMtools, optimize system by VMware OS Optomization tool, install horizon agent. Clone to template. Create Desktop pool with full clones. After pool is created his status stuck customizing. And if i manual logon to every desktop from domain admin and reboot then status change to availible.

I don't have windows license now and in regedit i change SkipLicense to "1". I try reinstall agent and vmtools. It did not work.

Please help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Have you upgraded VMware Tools to 10.2.5 (10.3.0 currently has a VMXNET3 bug) and Horizon Agent to 7.5?  There is a known issue in 7.5/7.5.1 on vSphere 6.7 with Composer if you have an older Horizon Agent version and use sysprep guest customization.

Release Notes for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.5.1

• Due to recent changes to the Guest Customization utility on vSphere 6.7, during an Horizon 7 upgrade to version 7.5 you cannot use View Composer 7.5 with an earlier version of Horizon Agent for provisioning and recomposing linked-clone pools using the Sysprep customization method. The linked-clone desktops and farms get stuck indefinitely in the customization state during provisioning or recomposing operations.
    Workaround: Upgrade to the latest version of VMware Tools and upgrade Horizon Agent to version 7.5 on the parent virtual machine and take a snapshot of the upgraded parent virtual machine. Then, provision or recompose linked-clone desktop pools using the Sysprep customization method on vSphere 6.7.
0 Kudos
JuNIS12
Contributor
Contributor

I try tools 10.2.1 10.2.5. 10.3.0, not working. Not use sysprep, but try with sysprep, not working. Intial install 7.5.1, not upgrade.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

At this time I would only recommend Tools 10.2.5 and Horizon Agent 7.5.1. If you aren't using sysprep that known issue shouldn't apply to you.

0 Kudos