VMware Horizon Community
Nelsom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

WAN connection between Security and Connection servers?

HI all,

one of our customers wants to place his Horizon View 5.2 Security servers in remote datacenters and the Conenction servers in their headquarters. They have two DMZ environments at hosting provider datacenters and they want to populate them with 2 Security servers each for redundancy. I currently have no exact information about speed and latency (and packet loss). I know Connection servers sharing the same ADLDS must have LAN connection due to strict replication requirements, but how about Security servers?

Can I put my Security servers in a remote location and have them paired (and PCoIP gatewayed) with Connection servers in the Headquarters over a WAN connection?

Regards,

Nelsom.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

This is fine as long as they've got the firewall rules set up correctly, but I have to ask: what are they hoping to gain from this setup - is end-to-end latency lower and bandwidth higher for remote users going to the local datacenter and then going over the site link, instead of going over the internet directly to the HQ?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

This is fine as long as they've got the firewall rules set up correctly, but I have to ask: what are they hoping to gain from this setup - is end-to-end latency lower and bandwidth higher for remote users going to the local datacenter and then going over the site link, instead of going over the internet directly to the HQ?

0 Kudos
Nelsom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The customer has a second location with a different external line provider, it is used as a backup. They are planning on making it a second View site.

Thanks for your answer. I think since the Seucrity servers do not replicate information a WAN connection is less critical.

0 Kudos