VMware Horizon Community
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vmware view black screen

Hi,

We have setup a demo solution for vmware view 5.3, and it works ok, but not for me. When i try my laptop other places it works ok with PCoIP, but from my home network it gives me the original back screen problem.

There is no firewall on the laptop, and i have a Zyxel P-870H-53A V2 router, and it seems that this router block PCoIP, since if i try RDP it works.

I have talked to my ISP, but they did not know any thing about this, so no help there.

I thought that there should not be any thing I should open from the client siden, since it initiates the request and will habe 4172 UDP reply package back. The interface on the router is pretty basic, and i have not configured any firewall on the router... any suggestions ?

Regards

Ole

Regards Andreas
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just for information, problem was resolved. The issue was that the security server has 2 nics, and different routes, so we had to remove all DG route, and add the one for the external route.

Regards Andreas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Often it is because the PCoIP ports are blocked but it can be or other config errors too.

Do you connect via a Security Server?

Does it work for others via the Internet?

Are you using the same Connection Server for internal access and remote access?

You can probably narrow it down by comparing working cases with non working cases.

Check that you have done the three steps here too Setting up PCoIP Remote Access with View 4.6 and Newer

Mark

0 Kudos
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes I connect via a Security Server. I have tried the connection from a 3G and wifi at anoher location, and the PCoIP then works ok, it fails only when i connect thorugh my home network.

Yes im using the same connection server for remote and local access.

I have followed the three steps. and i guess if i did something wrong, it would not work other places.

So it has to be something with my ISP / router. Could there be some MTU settings or DNS settings on the router that could fails this.

Ole

Regards Andreas
0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If it is only happening at your home network and your same laptop works when connecting from other locations, and others can connect OK from their home networks then I agree, it does look like your home network is blocking TCP 4172 out or UDP 4172 out (or the reply UDP data).

Double check your home router/firewall config. If it has logging available for dropped packets, turn that on.

Mark

0 Kudos
MikhailKk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

I expirienced the same issue for a while until I changed the Windows Firewall settings for both rules for Horizon Client. Just enable NAT under Advanced tab.

It helps me give it a try may be it helps you as well

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, if your firewall blocks PCoIP (TCP 4172/UDP4172) it is guaranteed to result in a black screen.

Mark

0 Kudos
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just for information, problem was resolved. The issue was that the security server has 2 nics, and different routes, so we had to remove all DG route, and add the one for the external route.

Regards Andreas
0 Kudos