VMware Horizon Community
taou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vmware view assigned desktop is not available

Hello,

i need please your help.

While trying to deploy a Windows 7 Pool, all my desktops(9 desktop) were appeared as customizing status.

i have wait 15 min and the state has not changed.

when i connected from vmware view client i recieved "this desktop currently has no desktop source available. please try connection to this desktop again later, or contact your system administrator"

my question:

Q1: is it normal to have the staus "customizing" knowning that the Vdisk size of each Virtual desktop is 25 GB after 15 min?

Q2: I have choosen the default configuration to create the link clone and also i used"use quickprep" on guest customization windows? please confirm if this procedure is correct?

Q3: on the parent of VM, i assigned the ip address from my DHCP server. how can assign ip for my child machine(i mean the link clone machines) without conflict? is it from my DHCP server? (if i not assigned a dhcp on my VM parent, the new machines will have the same ip, is it correct??)??

thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

A1: No, it should be much faster then that. In my lab each machine takes about 30 seconds to clone and customize.

A2: Yes, that should be fine as long as you have installed and configured View Composer.

A3: Not sure if I understand your question but you should have the parent configured with DHCP and the last thing to do before shutting down and taking the snapshot you should do a ipconfig /release

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
taou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello linjo,

thanks for your reply.

but if the status of machine is "customizing", this mean that is ready for a connection.

and what about the error that i received, it is realeted to the cutomization status???(plz check attached file)

and concerning my q3, the parent should configured with DHCP, there is no other options??

thanks again.

0 Kudos
taou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

any idea please.

attached a screeshoot.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

No, customizing should only be a temporary status, when its done it should have the status "Ready".

The error means that there is no desktops available and that is the problem here since they are all stuck in customizing.

On Q3, well not really any realistic ones, why would you not want DHCP?

You need to figure out why it get stuck in customizing:

does it get an IP?

Does it create a computer account in the AD?

Does it have the correct rights to join the AD?

Check the logfiles on the connection broker, view composer server and the View Desktop for any error.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos