VMware Horizon Community
Tirelibirefe
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware view 5 - composer<>desktop connection problem : ports 4001 4172 8009

Hello;

On my test platform I'm trying to evaluate Vmware view 5.

I've installed Vmware View components/modules and created a automated-linked pool.

When I attempt to connect desktop resources by using my view client, view client can connect to connection server,  the pool (s) is listed but after than it can not connect to virtual desktop. Itsays that "this desktop currently has no desktop sources available. Please try connecting to this desktop again later, or contact your system administrator."

Also there is an error message: Vmware View Administrator >>> Desktops Status >> Error: No network communication between the VDM Agent and Connection Server. Please verify that the virtual desktop can ping the Connection Server via the FQDN.

As far as I know these ports necessary for connectivity between viderual desktops and view composer :

• 3389 - RDP
  • 50002 - PCoIP
  • 4172 - PCoIP (View 4.6)
  • 4001 -JMS

Altough the latest relase view agent is installed on virtual desktops, these ports are not opened on virtual desktops. There is no need to say windows firewall(s) is OFF on all servers of course.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tirelibirefe
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I forgot to say...

There is no DNS related problems, all servers and desktops can resolve their fqdn's correctly.

0 Kudos
Tirelibirefe
Contributor
Contributor

I figured out the problem.

The name of my Connection Server was VIEWCS.domain.com

In Turkey we don't use İ /I /i /ı characters within client / server names principally. Because most of systems confuses these characters because of encoding problems; that's an old habit.

This time I''ve skiped that principle and assigned "VIEWCS" as a name for my connection server.

I've checked the logs of my virtual desktop logs and it was saying that "connection server v%s4cs couldn't be accessed" by view agent.

Hmmm I've checked registry and noticed that after provisioning connection server name was entered to the registry. I've changed it in registry but it came back after reboot of virtual desktop.

Well, I uninstalled view connection server, renamed it then reinstalled vmware view connection server.

My virtual desktops /view agents can access to connection server finally.

This bug costed me a weekend...

0 Kudos