VMware Horizon Community
nmorisod
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware View Dashboard.

Hi,

I'm using Vmware View 4.01 and we use several pools to give the users the choice of OS/IE/Spervice Pack/version of Office for supporting the clients.

My problem is that i we use automated pool because we cannot create 1 VM per pool per user. For example a specific pool contain only 2 VM.

and if theses VM are used or in disconnected state, other users can't connect to these VMs.

That's why monitoring the active sessions in the VM admin portal is a good way to track who's connected to what, but i can't give access to the Vmware view admin page for normal users.

Do you know if there is a way to export the active session data, or create another webpage with theses data ? Is it possible to get these data from the ADAM DB ? any way to get the data of who's logged where whould be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Nico

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Not sure if its work with View 4.0.1 but have a look at vAudit:

http://www.run-virtual.com/?page_id=38

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
nmorisod
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks, I've already tested this app but it doesn't support version 4 and it is not exactly what i want.

I'm searching more to check the available VM per pool.

I'm looking into the Adam DB but didn't see any info about the Number of ready VM per pool.

I'm wondering what the WS_diag.exe is doing, because it gave a lot of info and the number of VM available, see below a little part of the export

PoolInformation =

itemDn = "cn=frxp-ofc03-,ou=server groups,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int"

poolType = "4"

consistent = "true"

poweredOffVMs = "0"

suspendedVMs = "0"

busyVMs = "1"

availableVMs = "2"

assignedVMs = "0"

zombieVMs = "0"

totalVMs = "3"

Thanks and regards,