VMware Horizon Community
Marc_P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vmware View Client - NLA/SSL - Home PC

Hi

We have a number of staff that use the VMWare View Client across our Juniper SSL to access their VMWare View session.

The problem I have is that I'd like to enable NLA and also SSL for the encryption on the VMWare View Desktops. However if I do that the staff can't connect from home with their client and reports a 1033 error.

I know there are some ADM templates to set settings for inside a domain for the VMWare View Client but this won't be possible as they are connecting from home PC's.

Is there a work round to this issue?

We are using VMWare View Server 5.2 withthe latest agents and view clients.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

The problem I have is that I'd like to enable NLA and also SSL for the encryption on the VMWare View Desktops. However if I do that the staff can't connect from home with their client and reports a 1033 error.

Not sure if I understand the question, are you running another VPN inside the View Desktop?

What is reporting the 1033 error? The view client or the VPN-client?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Marc_P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

No there is no VPN inside of View Desktop. The VPN is on the users home PC so they can connect to our network and then connect to VMWare View via the View Client.

When I say SSL Encryption I mean for RDP.

The view Client is reporting the 1033 error. As soon as I disable NLA on the View Desktop the remote View Client can connect fine.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Ok, sounds like this KB applies to you:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1034158

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Marc_P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm afraid that doesn't help for the following reasons.

1. I want NLA turned on, I dont' want to turn it off.

2. The VDM_Client.adm template is to configure the VMWare View Client when the PC is connected to a domain. In this case the clients are home PC's connecting out side our network so it doesn't apply.

0 Kudos
Bleeder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

0 Kudos